Newbie - A4 s-line black edition - communications question

Peter2407

Newbie, so be gentle please .. I have a not very smart phone (samsung galaxy s4 mini). The car has a good sat nav and mobile phone via bluetoof works fine. I have seen the universal phone adapter at c.£100 which i dont particularly want to buy but would like:

To use the car phone aerial for improved phone signal

Use my unlimited Three data account to get Google street maps overlay on the sat nav and/or as a standalone

Use the "ok google" search facility through the car microphone and speakers

Have emails and texts read to me as they arrive with the ability to have spam etc deleted via a simple voice command

I would prefer to have the phone hidden rather than a nasty £4.99 motorway service adapter job that will last seconds ...

Finally, a question - under the arm rest in the pocket at the front is a 12v power adapter. At the back is what appears to be a removable square tab - what is this for?

TIA

Hi Pete, welcome to the club!  :)

Hmmm not too sure what that could be on the armrest in the A4. My guess would be something optional, such as an additional socket or charger that your car is not fitted with? Perhaps post a photo so we can see?