Audi Q5 LED DRL Day-Time-Running-Lights Problem not working fix

ldnQ5driver

Hi there,

thanks in advance,

so I have a 2011 Audi Q5 and the LED part of the headlamp has stopped working on one side. Does anyone here know what the problem could be?

Hoping it's not an expensive fix and I can do it myself

thanks!

There was a known issue with DRL controllers on early Q5 models but I believe this was rectified by 2011 so I doubt it would be this but you never know. Most of these cases were resolved with a replacement unit unfortunately, which outside of warranty I expect would be very expensive. Not sure if Audi would offer any goodwill on this but may be worth an ask!

I would check the usual things such as fuses/connections first before taking it into Audi though.

Let us know how you get on and if you figure out the problem.

I can imagine they are rather pricey!  :(

That's the only problem with all this modern technology, it's when things start to go wrong. 

I can only imagine what it will be like when people are buying today's crop of modern cars second hand at 10 years old or so...

• 1 month later...

Hey, I know it's a bit of a late reply, but here's some good news for everyone!! :) :) :)

I found a part that fixes this problem. its very easy to change this part, it goes inside the headlight, just take the back cover off and you have access.

So happy its all sorted!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Q5-Xenon-LED-Headlight-DRL-Control-Ballast-Unit-8R0907472B-Repair-Fix-/121643746611?

:) :) :)