Dealer Servicing Costs!!!

GeoffM1

Hi all

My first post on this forum, so hello to everyone!

I was about to say that I am the proud owner of an A5 Diesel 3.0 Quattro convertible which I bought a few months ago when it was 1 year old and had done 9000 miles; but now that I've just got off the phone to the dealer to book it in for its first service I'm not so proud!

£399.00 for what is a simple oil change and, if I'm reading the service manual correctly, might not even involve a filter change!

Is this the going rate for a first service on an A5 Quattro? It seems like absolute money for old rope!

And advice gratefully received

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Geoff, welcome to the club!  :)

Seems quite pricey, I've not heard of them not replacing the filter so I would ring and clarify.

I know the service schedule can be a little odd with some people being told their car needs an oil change as part of an inspection service when it's only recently had the oil service  :blink:

This is the official Audi schedule:

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/servicing-your-audi.html

Are you sure the £399 isn't the price for the inspection service? I guess you could always get a price from your next nearest Audi dealer to see if it matches up?

Hi James

Thanks for this. Perhaps I was being a bit cynical when I described it only as an "oil change"! But looking at the inspections that will also be carried out, I'd trust myself to do them, and I haven't worked on a car since I had MGs back in the 80s! They are what they say - visual inspections, no adjustments or replacements.

And I have called two other dealers - price went up to £405.00 so I guess I'm stuck with it.

Many thanks

Geoff

Geoff, cars are certainly a lot more complex these days and let's not forget Audi's labour rate isn't exactly cheap! Will be interesting to see how they split the costs on the invoice though...