AMI lead (Red Grommet)

Metalgaff

Hello, does anyone know what I-pod/nano ect you can connect to the MMI with the above lead, as I have an i-pod that says -NOT SUPPORTED- when the red lead is used, I have a blue grommet lead which works ok, but can't access album art. Any ideas please, thank you,

Peter, is your iPod classic one of the early models that pre dates album art all together?

If so, I would think any of the later models should be ok that display album art on the screen of the physical iPod? I've heard of people using the iPhone 4s with the red cable and album art displaying fine, so I would think an iPod nano or touch from around that era should do the trick. Personally a cheap nano would be my pick as the touch would be wasted when tucked away in the car.

Thanks James, the I-pod that I'm using is a 30 GB with artwork display, I have another I-pod which I use at work which is a newer model, I will try that, good idea of yours to get a nano, certainly would be a waste to put a touch in the box, thanks for your reply. Peter.

Peter, if you get a later generation nano, you can get reasonable memory capacity too. The 5th generation for example is the one I have goes up to a 16GB version and can be had pretty cheaply from ebay/gumtree these days. Let me know how you get on with the newer iPod you have.