How do I choose?

My problem!!

I have 2 cabriolets and One has to go!

Black 2.3, leather, good paint work, 113K MOT, 1993 or

Purple 2.6 Cloth, OK paintwork, 34K MOT 1996

Difficult but I am moving towards the 2.3 as I don't do any more than 300 miles a year and only when the sun is shining!

Please help.

Regards

Uuum, not sure James.  I actually love both cars for different reasons. What may well sway me is future repair costs and the V6 with electric hood could become very expensive!

As for my 5 cylinder, well what about this!  Took car to MOT and it failed; struggled through emissions and needs new front disks and pads and a top mount bearing for O/S strut!

Anyway came home did a bit of research to locate Oxygen/fuel mixture screw to see if tampering had occurred!

Well screw was not too far Out, but was missing completely!  Can't see any thread within hole so not sure how the original fit worked.  What I do know is that when I gently touch "plate" with 3 mm allen key the speed of the engine drops so I guess this is why my  engine is running rich at idle.

Regards

I'm sure it will be a tough decision whichever way you go but I guess to me it seemed that keeping the more modern car was most "logical".

Interesting find with the screw.... I wonder where that went!

• 3 months later...