Help please. I'm new!!!

Delirious

Hi Duncan, welcome to the club  :)

I'm afraid I'm not too sure on your ignition lead question. Out of interest, why would you want to fit ignition leads from a different engine code?

My A4 has been off the road for about 18 months and I am trying to get it back on the road with limited funds. The leads have perished and I found a breaker willing to sell leads from a running vehicle. That's the only reason. I defected to a Mercedes c180 and I hate it.

Sorry to hear that! Can't say I'm surprised regarding the Mercedes though... what year is it? Mercedes were known to go through a bit of a rough patch around the time of the earlier C Class models in the 90s and early 2000's!

I miss the Audi ! Regards to the Merc it a 93 basic model. Unfortunately before the Audi I was spoilt with a 2.6 straight 6 sport auto 190e

I guess my expectations were higher.

So have you always been an Audi owner. Do you do your own maintainence, have you had many problems with yours. I have found my A4 a fantastic car smooth and comfortable fairly easy to maintain. The only issue I have found is I have to change a track rod end on one side every year but that could be because the suspension probably needs replacing complete on the front. It is nearly 20 years old!

No I haven't always owned Audi - various other cars before but always been impressed by the fit and finish when it comes to Audi, particularly with interior quality these days nothing else comes close, apart from perhaps really exotic stuff!

I've been quite lucky with this one to be honest nothing major has gone wrong although I hate saying that! I do some basic maintenance myself, being fairly switched on but I don't tackle anything too extreme.

You can't really go wrong with the 1.9 tdi you have in your A4 though, they're excellent engines and I've seen many people get some serious high mileage out of them. What sort of mileage are you up to in yours?