Rear parking sensors

It has just become apparent my wife is likely to trash the rear end of my car due to it being considerably longer than her car, and a lack of parking sensors.

I have done a quick search online and have found one or two companies in my areas offering to fit an audio system for £150 all in. Is there anything I should avoid with this modification?

Sorry I'm confused... are you looking to install parking sensors or an audio system?

If you mean parking sensors, that's about right for a kit to be installed professionally. If you're handy yourself they're not that hard to install though, and various kits can be purchased fairly cheaply on the internet.

Yeah sorry, parking sensors with audio only i.e. I'm not interested in a screen/any kind of visual aid.

I think with some patience I could install them - how much would you suggest I spend on a kit?

Yeah sorry, parking sensors with audio only i.e. I'm not interested in a screen/any kind of visual aid.

I think with some patience I could install them - how much would you suggest I spend on a kit?

I honestly wouldn't spend more than about £50 on a kit these days if you are going for a basic set of 4 sensors and a buzzer. There's loads of choice out there and you can get them pre painted if you shop around to try and match the colour of your bumper.

If you go for fancier kits with visual displays etc it gets more expensive. Not necessarily worth it in my opinion plus you have more work to wire the display in.

They are fairly easy to install and many kits also include a bumper cutting tool too.

I've decided on a set of cobra sensors for my car (£60) which will be painted when I have a little scuff repaired, and a set of Dolphin (£50) for the wife's car because they come painted to colour. They are both the buzzer only type so I'm going to have a go at installing them myself in a few weeks time  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've purchased the Dolphin kit for my wife's car, which I'm expecting to be here tomorrow but I'll probably not have time to fit them for a couple of weeks.

As for my Audi, I will be purchasing the Cobra flush fit R0394 in the next few days and get them colour coded in a couple of weeks. If I remember, I'll take some photographs and post an overview of the installation B)

• Like 1