Audi A4 B8 wing mirror plugs

jdragon

What would that mean in terms of the plugs?

I'll explain my situation: the car has the wide view driver's side wing mirror upgrade and so it looks different from the passenger's side, which doesn't sit well with me.

Not wanting to spend a £100's on a new wing mirror to match the passenger's side, I'll be taking a punt on a used item. My mirrors are heated and have the integrated indicator but they aren't (I think?) power folding.

My questions are, if my mirror has one plug but the replacement comes with two, will the heat and indicator still work? And if the second plug is for the power fold (which my car does probably does not have) will I still be able to fold it manually? :wacko:

Just to throw this out there have you spoken to your Audi dealer to see if you can order just the clip on mirror glass but without the wide angled it?

You never know as that would be a hell of a lot easier!

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The driver's side wing mirror unit is bigger too. I've copied an image using my phone so I'm not sure how good the quality will be, but it shows the difference in the set I have.

post-4472-0-14250200-1441717807_thumb.jp

No, but only because I don't like to the same thing twice if I can avoid.

I've risked it and bought a two plug wing mirror, which arrived today, and it folds manually so at worst I'll have a lose plug behind my door card. I'm going to fit it Saturday morning so I'll report back either way ;)

No, but only because I don't like to the same thing twice if I can avoid.

I've risked it and bought a two plug wing mirror, which arrived today, and it folds manually so at worst I'll have a lose plug behind my door card. I'm going to fit it Saturday morning so I'll report back either way ;)

Sounds good, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything matches up!  B)

• 4 years later...

Interesting thinking back to this now - a risky strategy but it paid of in this instance.

My next query is one I probably won't be so brave with 😄