2.0 Tiptronic issues,

acmaguire

Firstly, Hi! New member here,

Ive had my 2.0 TDI DSG for about 3 months now,

and starting it up is becoming more and more of an issue,

When its warm, it really struggles, and i have to give a stupid amount of gas to get it started, and sometimes its just too stubborn and wont start atall for a few go's.

The problem is now constant and it doesnt matter if its been sitting cold for a whole day, it just cant seem to start up easily.

Ive been told it could literally be anything, although im choosing to ignore the higher priced issues,

it doesnt seem like the fuel is getting round the system, as it often judders once its started until i start to move, when it then sounds a bit happier.

The driving experience hasnt changed whatsoever, infact my mpg seems to be better than ever.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome! I don't have a DSG but have a manual 2.0 TDI. It sounds like a clogged fuel filter in the first instance. I recently had a similar issue no where near as bad, but took a while to start and I lost allot of the responsiveness that I had when I first got it. I had it serviced by Audi 8 months ago but the lazy buggers didn't even change the fuel filter so did it myself! It made a massive difference! Got some power back and a lot smoother start.

That sounds a little more reasonable than a dual mass flywheel!!!

I usually service my own car, but the last being an old fiesta, i presume this one is going to take a bit longer,

is it relitively easy to change?

Yeah, dead easy. Need a Torx t20 screw driver. There is a cylinder on the front left with 4 screws and has the fuel pips coming out of it. Just remove the lid, replace the filter and boom! I have a 2010 sport back can't imagine the engine layout is any different. You can google the location but it's dead easy, took me 10 mins. Just make sure you keep some fuel in the cylinder as its easier to prime. I would recommend turning the ignition on (don't power up the engineer) 5 times for 20 seconds you can hear it prime. Then starts first time!

Got the filter of europarts for £12