New owner disappointed with MMI phone interface

bobcash

Great ride! Good power, fantastic comfort but......

Phone interface through the MMI has no icon for messaging. Bluetooth enables hands free calling however unable to receive or send text messages. Yet when we looked at the q5 before buying, messaging was there. Audi are not helping fix this issue!

There was a Q5 2.0T in the showroom and the salesman showed us the message icon while pairing our phone to show how easy it was. Apparently the vehicle has been taken out of the showroom and the icon is gone! It is very strange! The user manual only shows the Messaging with Audi Connect which is only available in the USA and requires a $30/m subscription, which is rediculous just to have phone messaging.

That's the best guess so far! I'm just disappointed because most car manufacturers have Bluetooth and messaging capabilities in their cars now. When buying such a high end vehicle you wouldn't expect less technology.

I am still under the impression that the MMI is capable of messaging, but Audi Canada aren't allowing its use in Canada.

That's the best guess so far! I'm just disappointed because most car manufacturers have Bluetooth and messaging capabilities in their cars now. When buying such a high end vehicle you wouldn't expect less technology.

I am still under the impression that the MMI is capable of messaging, but Audi Canada aren't allowing its use in Canada.

Perhaps, but then as you said, I'm not sure I would fancy paying $30 per month just for messaging. For that price, messages will have to wait until I get out, but at least you can use it for calls and bluetooth audio  :)