hi from a newbie

nellys 300zx

hi folks iam new to the audi scene, iam looking at buying a audi a4 convertable. just need some tips on what to look out for :)

Hi welcome to the club!  :)

What sort of year/spec are you looking at? Should be a good time to buy a convertible soon as the prices will start dipping a bit for the winter  B)

Hi welcome to the club!  :)

What sort of year/spec are you looking at? Should be a good time to buy a convertible soon as the prices will start dipping a bit for the winter  B)

hi thank you for your reply, the car is a 2002 v6 cabi done just over 106 k. just need a heads up on what to look out for.

Obviously the most important thing to check out on a convertible is the roof.

Be sure to check very carefully for good and proper operation, any weird noises etc.

Check the roof stowage box in the boot as these are prone to breaking too. There should also be a roof key in the fuse box I believe.

Other than the roof it's really just the usual A4 bits and bobs to check for  :)

Yes it's plastic although I think it may have a bit of carpet on the top if I remember correctly.

The roof key is a tool that allows you to raise and lower the roof manually should you need to.