Remap

audikid23

Does remapping your car damage your engine in the long run?

Depends - having a remap will inherently put more strain on certain components as you are extracting more power etc.

That being said, providing it is done by someone reputable who know what they are doing, and you take particularly good care of you car with regular oil changes and all routine maintenance etc, then there's no reason why you should have a problem.

In my "humble" opinion....No.

As James has said, there are ALOT of different people out there who can remap etc. I would really research it. I went with Viezu tuning who are probably the biggest (or one of) and do all the BT fleet for there vans. Comes with a 1 million pound warranty as well. So if it kills the car, you are pretty much sorted.

I would recommend them as they custom remap the car, so I asked for top end power, for Dual carriage way driving and motorway.

It actually puts less strain on the car, because it doesn't have to work as hard to do the same thing. Obviously if you are a normal driver (don't thrash your car all the time and red line the hell out of it on every gear), what you do currently will require less effort once its remapped.

• Like 1