Problems with a3 2.0 TDI 8p

msuth92

Hi guys new to the forums so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've just bought an a3 2.0 TDI 8p and as soon as I get to 70mph the car loses all power and doesn't seem to go any faster than 45-50 mph but it's fine once I turn the engine off and it's fine if I stay below 70mph any takers on what's wrong thanks guys

Matt from Manchester

Sounds like it's going into limp mode it would be helpful to get the car scanned and see if it's throwing up any error codes? That will point you in the right direction.

Hi James sorry I did reply but it didn't send only just seen thanks for the reply I've got her booked in for Thursday so I should find out more seems strange how it goes into limp mode at 70mph :/ as long as I stay below 70 I'm fine hope it's not a major issue....... could it be ???

Hi James sorry I did reply but it didn't send only just seen thanks for the reply I've got her booked in for Thursday so I should find out more seems strange how it goes into limp mode at 70mph :/ as long as I stay below 70 I'm fine hope it's not a major issue....... could it be ???

My guess would be nothing too major - could be fuel pump related? 

Let us know what it is once you have found out from the garage  :)

Hi James

So I had the call today I'm getting overboost which he said is to do with the turbo veins from reading various post on the forum it's not completely new to me so I've bought some redex to put through the engine do you this will work or is there anything else I could give a go ?? Cheers matey !!

So I've looked under the car tonight and this is what I'm up against how do I take these off so I can clean them and can I swap the clips for jubealiee clips ??? If that's how you spell it haha