REAR WINDOW PROBLEM

VincentG

I bought my A4 AVANT 2.5 Tdi QUATTRO new in August 2004 (54 reg).

In late summer 2013 the nearside rear quarter light window spontaenously shattered twice within about a month. The glass was replaced by my AA insurance, incurring a £60 excess charge each time.

In late summer/autumn of 2014 the same window spontaenously shattered three times within about a 2 month period. The first two AA replacements again incurred a £60 surcharge, but on the third occurrence I was advised by AUDI HQ customer services to take the car to my AUDI dealer to resolve the problem. They replaced the glass  at a cost of £230.

After a year the window has AGAIN spontaenously shattered, which makes 6 times the same window has shattered in a 2 year period. I have NOT had similar problems with any other window.

Has anyone had similar problems with spontaenously shattering windows ? Or know how to rectify the problem ?

Any assistance appreciated !

post-4756-0-21662400-1445442593_thumb.jp

Hi Vincent, unfortunately if you search a bit around google it appears that this is a fairly common problem with some B6 A4's  :(

I would suggest contacting the Audi dealer that replaced it and Audi UK again to express your concern etc etc and I think it's about time they sorted it for you free of charge...