Hello

Lauraj860

Hi, I've only recently joined AOC, but I thought I would let you now about my cars

Firstly, I've owned a 1997 2.6 auto Audi Cabriolet for the last 8 years. I absolutely love this car and had 3 trips onto the continent. Only just got a month ago from a trip to the Italian Lakes and Florence and It didn't miss a beat. Unfortunately since I got, I've managed ti split the rear screen and will likely need a new roof. Can anyone recommend a fitter in the North West?

The other car is a brand new S3, which I only took delivery of last weekend. It's in Sepang Blue, with a black grill and has an S-Tronic box. I've only had it a week, but I'm loving every minute I'm in it.

Laura

Welcome to the club forum Laura.

A new S3 now we are talking, hatchback or saloon?

How do you find the S-Tronic box?

I have an A4 2.0TFSI S-Line with manual box 58 plate reg' from new with 46,000 miles on the clock and I'm going to change it next year for a new A4, A3 saloon  or  a Mercedes Benz GLA 250 4Matic or a VW GTI.

I previously owned from new an A3 2.0 TFSI  SE 05 plate reg' with manual box.

The best of luck with your new S3 and it looks like an exciting driving experience ahead for you.

Alun

Hi

I'm loving my new S3, it's just great fun.  The S-Tronic box is just great and it makes such a lovely exhaust noise when it changes gear.  

I've attached photos of both my new S3 and my Cabriolet

post-4604-0-44523400-1445896871_thumb.jp

post-4604-0-91177400-1445896894_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a test run yesterday in a S3 Saloon Cabriolet.

What an outstanding car.

I was pleasantly surprised with the suspension which gave a comfortable ride, the lack of in-cabin wind and road noise was brilliant, the absolutely fantastic S-Tronic Gear-Box, the mad acceleration just blew me away, the exhaust tone was singing to me beautifully and the look of the car was just out of this world.

It was an hour well spent at my local dealer Audi Sinclair Bridgend South Wales and I am still on a high.

I went for a test run yesterday in a S3 Saloon Cabriolet.

What an outstanding car.

I was pleasantly surprised with the suspension which gave a comfortable ride, the lack of in-cabin wind and road noise was brilliant, the absolutely fantastic S-Tronic Gear-Box, the mad acceleration just blew me away, the exhaust tone was singing to me beautifully and the look of the car was just out of this world.

It was an hour well spent at my local dealer Audi Sinclair Bridgend South Wales and I am still on a high.

So did you order one?  B)

• Like 1

So did you order one?  B)

I have been looking at different Audi, BMW and Mercedes Cars in recent weeks, actually my wife really likes the Merc GLA 250 4Matic with the AMG Pack which I liked at first but reviews are not the best and the DCT Box I am not sure about especially when you compare it with the S-Tronic.

My money would not stretch for the fast "45" version.

I have been the proud owner of Audi cars for 11 years and I will place an order for the S3 S-Tronic Saloon some time between March and June next year and this car will be a dream come true for me.

This car will give me everything and more that I want in a car.

I am loving my S3, as you said it is everything you need in a car and so much more.

The S-Tronic box is just so good, it's so easy to use and the shifts are so quick.  My S3 has the Adaptive Suspension, which I think is standard on the Cabriolet, is great.  It makes the car so much more usable.  I previously had a standard Mini Cooper and its ride was so much hard than the S3 in Comfort Mode.

It just but a smile on my face everytime I use it.  It is such a lovely place to be.

I bet you can't wait for the new car, what colour are you thinking of?

• Like 1

I am loving my S3, as you said it is everything you need in a car and so much more.

The S-Tronic box is just so good, it's so easy to use and the shifts are so quick.  My S3 has the Adaptive Suspension, which I think is standard on the Cabriolet, is great.  It makes the car so much more usable.  I previously had a standard Mini Cooper and its ride was so much hard than the S3 in Comfort Mode.

It just but a smile on my face everytime I use it.  It is such a lovely place to be.

I bet you can't wait for the new car, what colour are you thinking of?

Yes I can't wait for next year.

Colour choice will be 1st Panther black, crystal effect - 2nd Daytona grey, pearl effect  - 3rd Monsoon grey, metallic, but I also like Sepang Blue, pearl effect and Misano red, pearl effect.

I am positive my wife will have some input on the colour.