Emissions scandal and PCP finance

Andyviner1978

Good afternoon.

Found out that my vehicle has been affected by the emissions scandal with VW so will need a recall next year.

My question is that does anybody know or have you seen any cases where a finance agreement has been challenged or terminated early because of the scandal?

many thanks

Andy

I think things are still in the early stages (I'm sure "no win no fee" lawyers are all amassing somewhere ready to bombard us all with calls....

Are you looking to hand your car back early because of the scandal then?

Hi James, thanks for the reply.

I'm considering it.  I do a lot of miles each year, roughly 32k.  So although I knew that the car wouldn't be super economical, I based my numbers on the information I had at the time.  Likewise, the value of the car at the end is surely now less than indicated.

I'm on my third Audi and love the cars and the brand so don't necessarily want to step away from that. 

Hi James, thanks for the reply.

I'm considering it.  I do a lot of miles each year, roughly 32k.  So although I knew that the car wouldn't be super economical, I based my numbers on the information I had at the time.  Likewise, the value of the car at the end is surely now less than indicated.

I'm on my third Audi and love the cars and the brand so don't necessarily want to step away from that. 

Thinking of changing for something petrol then? Although 32k is a lot of miles....

Unsure yet.  had two A3's before I got my A4 and both gave me 50-55 + mpg. 

the Avant is more thirsty. 

Probably not petrol, still diesel and yeah..a lot of miles and a lot of sitting down!!  Like the Q5 but that's too thirsty

There's also the A6 Ultra which is meant to be pretty efficient and I'd imagine quite comfortable being an A6. Not sure if this one is involved in the scandal at all though?

I guess your only other option for something efficient would be a hybrid but that would involve moving away from Audi...

• 9 months later...

I think this is the way forward - it's a petition to make VW UK pay up.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-vw-pay-for-their-corporate-fraud

They have already in the US to the tune of $10k!  I don't see why they should get away with it in the UK ...

Regards,

Dr Spankle