Starting up issues

acmaguire

Hi guys,

So i posted a few months back about my A3 8P 2.0 TDI S-Tronic having some ghastly starting up issues :angry:

It began when the car was warm only. Which when im doing a trip with a few stops, was awfully embarrassing. It would either have a really clunky start up, or take two attempts to go.

More recently (within the last month) it has begun to struggle anytime i try and start it. Warm or Cold.

Id heard thousands of reasons why it could have been ranging from £13 fuel filters to rather pricey injectors.

So, my first option was to change the fuel filter. Dont get me wrong, it needed a change, but it did absolutely !REMOVED! all.

Along with these changes, its had a full set of refurbed (no way new) injectors, new starting motor and various parts changed.

Thats all exept the crank sensor. Which notoriously needs the gearbox taken out to get to, (so im told by my own workshop). Im all for getting this done, but is it really necessary. I spent less on my X-Reg fiesta, and that never had an issue. Typical.

Has anyone else had this changed, and did it solve the issues with their starting up??

Note: Recently the ESP failure message has been coming up too. Im unsure if this is linked. :( .