Stereo upgrade help

YODI

Hi Yodi,

You will need to make sure you get the correct wiring adapter depending on what factory system your car has currently (amplified etc).

Once you have the correct wiring harness and also the fascia adapter panel you should be able to fit pretty much anything aftermarket you fancy in there...

Hi, it's the concert. There is a sub on the rear shelf too.

I've decided I want to change it as the car doesn't have a hands free kit and I need one, a stereo is the same price and sorts out my music issues too so need to source a facia and harness, if you guys can help that's great.

Thanks

You will need a lead like one of these but you need to try and work out the correct one:

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/audi-wiring-harness-iso-adaptor-lead.html

Also, do you have steering wheel controls for volume etc as this can make things more complicated if you want to keep them working?

To be honest it's quite tricky with Audi to figure it out unless you pull the stereo out and take a look at the connectors. Probably worth giving somebody like Dynamic sounds a call and see if they can point you in the right direction if not?

Thanks again, it definitely has a sub of some sort as I was in the boot earlier and I could hear it.. If I take photos of the radio connectors will I be able to get the right one?

Also, I need to fit my dash cam to an ignition live, is there one by the column as the cigarette lighter is a constant live so no good

It will definitely help as you will be able to compare with photos of those online.

With regards to your dash cam the fuse box would be your best bet. Test for an ignition live fuse and use a piggyback fuse connection such as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261563292738?adgroupid=13585920426&hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=kwd-131843261346&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&ff19=0&device=c&chn=ps&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

You won't have to chop into any wires then either.

It will definitely help as you will be able to compare with photos of those online.

With regards to your dash cam the fuse box would be your best bet. Test for an ignition live fuse and use a piggyback fuse connection such as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261563292738?adgroupid=13585920426&hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=kwd-131843261346&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&ff19=0&device=c&chn=ps&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

You won't have to chop into any wires then either.

Cheers

Hi yodi I had the same poblems I have a I phone and like to play my music in the car so just went to halfords they had everything I needed the only thing was the facia was sixteen pound so I went to eBay it was only a fiver I like a bargain