Solution? HID kit.

Djskrapi16

Hey all. Just joined the site. So hi. Lol

I had a spare wiper motor so decided to try out this HID kit from an eBay seller that says it will not damage car and it seems to have worked. Had it in for a few days now and no problem at all. No errors no nothing.

Very fidgety to sort out but worked out perfect. H7R bulbs. 4300k completely white. £45

I know this is a common thing with audis so thought I'd share.

Not sure if I can put eBay details on so let me know if your want some.

They don't dazzle and the line is pretty perfect on the road. I'm assuming the H7 is completely different

:)

Hi and welcome to the site  :)

Just wondering... what do HIDs have to do with a spare wiper motor or am I missing something?

Glad you managed to get your HIDs working properly though - normally you just need a canbus set to stop errors being thrown up 

Apparently this model A3 8P has a wiper motor blowing issue. From what I have read on other forums. The errors come along with it too.

The HID kit normally comes with bulbs and ballasts and plug and play done.

This is the same but between the bulb and ballasts there are other boxes (2) extra with the cables going through. Seems to work.

Apparently this model A3 8P has a wiper motor blowing issue. From what I have read on other forums. The errors come along with it too.

The HID kit normally comes with bulbs and ballasts and plug and play done.

This is the same but between the bulb and ballasts there are other boxes (2) extra with the cables going through. Seems to work.

I think the extra boxes are the igniters? 

No. By the time the car was up on the ramps with my phone in there I just got on with it. Was late at night. There is a nice light from it obviously but not as much as I expected.

The distance you can see has greatly improved though. Huge distance.

Personally I'd be happy with what you've got. 4300K looks OEM anyway and like you said it seems a shame to risk it if you might end up with something worse just so it's a fraction more white in colour...

• 1 month later...