Hi Newbie Question - New Into Old Does It Go?

Ksouza

Hi as a new member please take it easy with me. Il be honest and state that I currently do not own a R8. The reason i have joined this forum is because i Have already outlined March 2016 as the time i will step into the R8 world and I cannot wait.

I am a person who always asks lots of questions and is quite anal at reviewing and finding information prior to owning things, whether cars, tv's, phones whatever it is. I will definitely be getting one as it is currently my Top 3 car and No1 in my price range. 

My question is, with the release of the series two R8 (2016) and the amazing interior that comes with it, I have a question. Does anybody know if dimension wise it would be possible to transfer the interior from a 2016 into the pre 2016 model.

If it can I will be searching intently for a damaged/salvaged one for the project i have in mind. Electronic wise i know it may be a nightmare however that doesn't scare me as long as all the interior panels would fit.

Would welcome your thoughts on the subject. However don't need any comments about why or that dumb as each to their own is what i say is 'What is good for one may not be good for the other'.

Look forward to your replies and Have a great festive period

Happy Holidays

Hi Kaie,

Welcome to AOC :smile:

My Wife's uncle just bought one of the last old shape R8s - a late 2014 model and it's a beautiful car.

I have seen the interior of the new car and it is very different to his. I don't know for sure but I'd have thought that being a whole new car (new body panels etc) it will be too different to fit and I would guess that many of the fixings/fastenings will be in different places. Perhaps certain elements may fit (seats?) but you may have to try one part of the interior at a time before committing. 

The other problem I can see you facing would be availability of parts with it being such a new car - assuming you were going to try and source second hand parts?