KevTrem

Morning all,

Just registered and thought I would be polite and say hi.

My name is Kev, im 29 and located near Newcastle and just purchased a 2012 A6 Avant SE 3.0TDi Multironic in grey. My previous car was a 2008 Peugeot 407 SE 2.0HDi but was no longer suitable for my growing family.

Been a member on forums for a number of years and happy to help out where I can. Im a maintenance fitter by trade so used to getting my hands dirty and don't mind trying to fix anything. Im into my downhill riding and have regular rides and hamsterley forest.

So below is my car, any hints or tips or basic info I should know then im happy to listen.

Thanks

audi.jpg

Im loving the engine, loads of low down power and pulls nicely throughout the rev range. Its my first v6 diesel and first multitronic box so learning how to use it and the flappy paddles. It cruises effortlessly and im having to really keep an eye on my speed.

as far as I know its a completely standard SE but I have just fitted a westfalia detachable towbar and plan on getting the rear 5 windows tinted.

This is my first Audi and not too sure what comes as standard, it has more comforts than my 407 had with likes of leather and satnav but I do miss my speed limiter.

Oh right did you actually find you used the speed limiter much then? Do you have cruise on the Audi?

The westfalia detachable towbars are pretty nice I think they make at least some of the OE stuff for VW/Audi... 

yeah used it a lot during average speed sections on motorway near my house and also great for towing as set it to 60 and the car wouldn't go over.  Yeah the A6 has cruise and found that it brakes to keep the speed at desired setting, the 407 didn't do that.

Yeah I bought it with the car but was supplied by PF jones who said it was OE option, think its what audi dealers would fit if I asked them to fit a towbar.

Yeah i can just use cruise, I much prefer the A6 to the 407 and if the speed limiter is the only thing then I can live with that easily.

during the road works with average speed I tend to just use the cruise anyways, saves concentrating on my speed an means I can concentrate on the road

Yeah I must say I'm a massive fan of cruise for those situations. It's amazing how many other people really can't maintain their speed though. I'd really like radar cruise in my next car. I've tried it on a couple of cars and it works really well!

• Like 1