Immobilizer reprogram

diga60

Hi all.  Im new member to this site and need help to match key to car after dash removed and put back in, now car stops after two seconds.

Car is 2000 A4 B5 2.5 tdi avant.    yellow car symbol with key shows, as does red symbol in middle, looks like brake shoes, plus audible noise.

I have tried various methods including.......

disconect battery

connect batt terminals 30 secs

switch ign on 5 times for 10 secs

switch ign on and pressing lock and or unlock 10 times

left ign on after batt reconect for 40 mins

opened all doors

manual lock/unlock

what else to do........

I hope someone can help,

Many thanks in advance   Rob

Have you tried using any other keys you may have? 

I think this problem is often caused by the immobiliser coil which is wrapped around the key barrel. Could be where everything has been taken apart?

• 9 months later...

I have the exact same issue, after seeing loads of lines through my LCD on the cluster i decided to buy a secondhand one and not realising that the cluster is matched to the code stored in the ecu key and barrel etc swapped them over, at first it was ok then i dissconnected the cluster with the ignition still live and now it's immobilized, same as yours so what i've done is bought Vag Tacho to get the code number then Vag Com to match it up using cables, software and youtube. Note to all, before you change a cluster be sure it's fully functional (the secondhand one had worse lines than the original lol) that you have the tackles needed to make it right or you know a good locksmith/mechanic who has the right tools, ie cables and software. I intend to get mine up and running soon using the items i bought, i will let you know how i got on.

• Like 1

Keep us informed and if possible if you could put a brief description on here about the process that would be really helpful to anyone else who has the issue and we can then place it in the Technical Section of the Forum.

Cheers  Trevor

• 1 month later...

OK here goes, bought Vag Com and Vag Tacho including various softwares from eBay, waste of money and time, sent the ECU to a place called http://www.ecutesting.com/ charged me 144£ inc VAT to have the need for a code removed from the ecu totally, now i can swap my dials, ignition barrel, whatever without the worry of tripping the immobilizer. Money i get the blue rocket back on the road and not a moment too soon, next thing is fit the new 18" alloys i just got, get the water pump and cam done and finally suspension all around.... can't wait.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2017 at 4:03 PM, Brad-B5 said:

Love the wheels! :D and the colour of the car!

TY, water pump and cam belt done too, next it's a stereo with a sub in the boot.

7" Single DIN Radio Head Unit GPS SatNav Bluetooth Touch Screen Flip-Out DVD HDAUDI A4 B5 94-98 SIDE INDICATORS BLINKERS REPEATER REPEATERS SMOKED SETRÜCKLEUCHTEN SET für AUDI A4 B5 Limo in KLARGLAS SCHWARZ HECKLEUCHTEN 930138Scheinwerfer Set in Klarglas Schwarz für AUDI A4 B5 2/99-2/01 H7 HalogenAUDI A4 (B5) With Warning Lights (1994-1997) - 140mph / 160mph - WHITE DIAL KITAudi A3 8L A4 8D B5 A6 C5 4B Chrome Speedometer Gauge Dial Rings Bezel Trim-AutoStyle MA G0A4 De-Badged Front Grille Black To Fit Audi A4 94-01 - RRP-£44!

Going in next, then white dials with chrome surrounds, change of lights too and a grille ooh it's all far too exciting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, some stuff done, head unit in, added 2 USB's from the HU to the spare switches on the center consul, debadged grille done, rear lights done, side smoked repeaters done, dials done and ICM wasn't firing enough juice at plug 4 so it started burbling, dropped in 4 new coil packs and repaired ICM now running sweet as a kernel.

As you can see there is a difference with the dials, i found that because they were stick on dials over the top of the oem black ones that while in the daytime they were great, at night i could not see my speed, not good lol, i got a spare set of black dials and simply cut out the lights and left the numbers and everything else to shine through the white card. Don't look too bad if you ask me and what's more, i can see my speed now.

video-1486893499.mp4

16731774_1299685273444693_448012044_o.jpg

16667813_1299685396778014_1478000288_o.jpg

16710381_1300739513339269_1698298176_o.jpg

^BACECDFFF4FD0E46C3B9F6EEF49F5C8A4336D0BACC10A13914^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

^FAF1F2E9E487917298C7663AF925D65FB19474F07286C04A9F^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

Oh a quick tip, i discovered that while renewing my rocker gasket i had some sludge built up in there too so i purchased an engine flush oil (5L drop out old oil put this in run on idle for 20 mins then drain and replace the oil filter). I tried to get the oil filter off from under the car... don't do that lol, i found it was much easier to just whip off the 2 water tanks right above then reach down.