A4 Convertible Roof Leak

Lainie

Hi, I have a small intermittent leak coming from the very right hand corner of the soft top where it meets the windscreen.

I have taken it to a garage and they "think" it requires a new door seal (which does join up to where the leak seems to be coming from) but I'm concerned I'm going to have this done and it isn't going to solve the issue.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks,

Lainie

Have tried to clean the drains. As it is an intermittent leak I don't know if that has solved the issue yet or not.

That would be nice. March is looking a bit rubbish so far let's hope it improves. A nice spell of sun/double figures would be welcome!

Mine starts when the clocks change in October and doesn't improve until they change again in March so you are doing better than me 😯

Hi Lainie,

My wife had a leak in her boot in her A3 Cab. Took it to our local Audi Dealer and they searched for the leak. It took them 2 weeks to find and clear it as they were very thorough and didn't want to return it until they were sure. Cost 2 hours labour. Fantastic service and it hasn't leaked since. One of the rear roof seals was leaking. Car was not under guarantee at the time. 

Although many people moan about the dealers I have found that  if you form a relationship with them that they are very good. In the 12 years that I have been running Audis I have had peace of mind when leaving the premises and that has meant a great deal to me.

4 hours ago, daycartes said:

Hi Lainie,

My wife had a leak in her boot in her A3 Cab. Took it to our local Audi Dealer and they searched for the leak. It took them 2 weeks to find and clear it as they were very thorough and didn't want to return it until they were sure. Cost 2 hours labour. Fantastic service and it hasn't leaked since. One of the rear roof seals was leaking. Car was not under guarantee at the time. 

Although many people moan about the dealers I have found that  if you form a relationship with them that they are very good. In the 12 years that I have been running Audis I have had peace of mind when leaving the premises and that has meant a great deal to me.

Nice to hear of a good bit of customer service from a main dealer. As you say, all to often you hear about people moaning but I think people who have good experiences are sadly less likely to shout about it than those who have bad ones.

Thanks for that daycartes that's good to know. Think I will have to go along this route as with the rain we had last week it appears it is still leaking.