Online Map Updates

Recently bought my first Audi - A5 2021 and absolutely loving the car.  One gripe is the navigation system and online map updates - since picking up the car a week ago it has been installing update but nothing actually happens.  Basically message is Update: Online map update Installing……. I have got good connection, soft reset MMI, also done a factory reset and no change.  Checked privacy settings and also made sure OTA option is selected.  When I check the software versions there is no version number next to the Navigation Database just a line which seems odd.  I have been talking to Audi technical team and they are saying I need to drop it back to the dealer but I am unsure of what they are actually going to be able to do.  Any ideas please ?

Just now, Broadband007bond said:

Thanks Steve - got it booked into dealer next week and hopefully they can sort

Please keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

Hello all

I'm looking at buying a used 2021 A5 and hoping it has the latest software already (or at least reasonably recent).

Can you please tell me your car’s software and MMI software. If possible also the the Navigation Database version?

go to ‘Settings’, then ‘General’, then ‘Licence periods’ or 'Settings', then 'Version Information'

It should list Software Version, MMI Software Version, Navigation database.

Many thanks for your help!

@Broadband007bond hoping from the above you can help!

Software version is 3620

MMI software version is release-35.12-2126-SNAPSHOT-28.06.2021-13:58:42

Navigation database is V03959822FK_P1140_EU_2024.03

Since having it updated I now have Android Auto wirelessly which I didn't before (had to connect a cable)

Hope this helps !

• Like 1

Thank you so much of typing that out!

I hope so. Looking to pick one up this weekend!

So looking at that, it looks like your Navigation is up-to-date, do you think your MMI software is as well? I was told there are over the air updates for the first few years, but yours looks like June 21.

There are posts on forums of it trying for hours and not always working.

When the dealer sorted it, do you they just reverted to the original software?

Edited by icstm

Posted (edited)

Yes agree re navigation software.  I do know the Audi garage did update the software including MMI software but whether that is latest (unlikely) is anybody's guess and was just pleased I could use android auto wirelessly (plus fixing maps / navigation issues).  The only OTA updates I have seen are for the navigation maps and each of those has been successful.

If you are picking up from a dealer I would ask them to sort it out for you - I know mine have been great when I have asked them.

Edited by Broadband007bond
  • Like 1

Yes, I have already asked them, hence I wanted to know the current versions so I can check- thank you for sharing 😀

Do you know if yours is MY2020 or MY21?

Mine is a TFSI40 but the 190PS model, so I am assuming it might be MY20, even though it is a March registered 2021 plate.

Picked up my car. Looks great and smooth to drive.

Software was not updated, even though I had double checked with the salesperson.

They will collect the car in a couple of weeks to update.