oil level indicator

themuttsnuts

Hi all, I'm a newish member and need some advice,

My oil level indicator showed that the level was low last week, so i parked it up and used my other car until i was day off again and i could buy some oil.

I bought some oil today, and proceeeded to top the oil up, i put the oil in , in half litre amounts as advised, but im not getting a reading on the screen, i estimate i have put in between 1.5 and 2 litres, does this mean i need to keep putting oil in as it is very low, or is there something i am missing?

please any advice would be very welcome, thanks in advance

That seems like quite a bit to top it up. Normally would only expect around 1 litre.

What engine do you have? Assuming you don't have a physical dipstick in the car?

Oh yes another member had the same problem the other day and was looking into whether or not it's possible to add a dipstick. Might be worth posting in his thread and asking if he found a solution:

http://www.audiownersclub.com/forums/topic/5870-dipstick/#comment-13487

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, just to let you know that i didnt have to take it to a mechanic, the oil display came on a few days after i had topped it up, just typical really, as i went ahead and ordered a dipstick off eBay, oh well, at least ive got a back up now