Audi eco drive gear change recommendations

Dgill

Hi, 

Got my first audi a week ago and im loving it! However one thing that has left me a bit baffled is a symbol (looks like to me) of a foot with an arrow pointing at the sole.  It appears at times where the gear change recommendations appear (manual model) for example gear 4>5. Im not sure whether it is advising to put my foot down on the clutch or put it neutral or god knows what!! Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

Have you checked your user manual? I'm assuming as you say it's just a shift recommendation for eco driving? Does it go away if you change gear as directed?

Hi James, 

Thanks for your response. Yes its randomly appearing in between the eco shift recommendations. Iv tried shift up and down as well as neutral, however none of these seem to make it disappear, it goes away on its own accord.

Iv literally just spoken to my collegue at work who drives a passat, he believes it could be appearing when the cruise control is on as a sign to brake. Will test out on the way home and update!