Looking for some old A3 trim parts

poprock

Hi there.

Looking for a couple of odd parts for my girlfriend’s old year 2000 A3. I don’t know much about A3 models, but it’s a 1.6 5-speed manual.

I need an aerial. That should be easy enough, right? The screw-fit one for the roof, at the back of the car.

I also need the little circular top piece that glues on to the gearstick knob. The wee disc with your five gears marked on it. I’m having no luck hunting one of those down on eBay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

On 4/19/2016 at 1:18 PM, poprock said:

Hi there.

Looking for a couple of odd parts for my girlfriend’s old year 2000 A3. I don’t know much about A3 models, but it’s a 1.6 5-speed manual.

I need an aerial. That should be easy enough, right? The screw-fit one for the roof, at the back of the car.

I also need the little circular top piece that glues on to the gearstick knob. The wee disc with your five gears marked on it. I’m having no luck hunting one of those down on eBay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Tony,

The screw on aerial should be easy to locate from any motor parts/accessories store or online maximum £5 - that is assuming the base is still there?

With the gear knob perhaps they only sell them as the whole thing? Maybe that's easier to locate? Aside from that, get yourself down your local breaker's yard as I'm sure they will have a few old A3s you can remove one from?

Okay, so any old aerial will be fine and I probably need to end up trying a breaker for the gear knob top.

I’m really hoping I can just mail order from somewhere rather than having to do a trip out for it. I’ll keep looking!

On 4/21/2016 at 4:03 PM, poprock said:

Okay, so any old aerial will be fine and I probably need to end up trying a breaker for the gear knob top.

I’m really hoping I can just mail order from somewhere rather than having to do a trip out for it. I’ll keep looking!

I'm sure the entire gear knob would be available on eBay etc?

Yeah, it seems that might be the easiest solution.

Does anybody know if it would be a standard part across other Audi models of the same era? Would an A4 gearstick have the same topper, for example?

Not 100% sure Tony unless anyone else can help?

I would suspect certain others will fit but not all. Certainly I would imagine others that have the same gearbox layout should be OK.

Easiest to try and find one from the same car if possible though.