a3 8p1 shuddering when pulling away

curtisr0213

hi ive looked for alot of threads but none seem to have my exact problem unless im not understanding them properly, i have a a3 8p1 its 2004 1.9tdi now when i accelerate from standstill or floor it whilst moving between idle revs and 2500 rpm it ives a heavy judder vibrate then is fine even if i just pull away in first clutch only, it doesnt do this in reverse, occasionly very very rarely the clutch has started slipping a couple of hours into driving.... anyone got any ideas ? thanks 

HI Curtis...welcome to the Club!

I would imagine it is a drivetrain issue (clutch, transmission, flywheel) which would be worth dropping into a garage to have checked before it gets any worse.

Additionally, it could be an engine mount or stabiliser that needs replacing...either way, worth dropping into a garage to check out

Let us know how you get on with it

Regards    Trevor - Admin

hi, ive had a few people i know look at it yesterday morning and theyve pointed out my engine moves alot more than its supposed to, theyve also said it looks like a engine mount so ill get it looked at tomorrow but thanks for the reply it gives me a few things to go on

hi, i had someone look at it took them about a minute it turns out its the lower engine mount a easy enough thing to replace and not to expensive (around the £30 mark) thanks for the help hopefullt this helps someone else in the future..

• Like 1