programming / syncing fob to a4 b7 issues

wrx fifer

So i am new to the club and just got an Audi a4 2.0L tdi 06 plate which i think is B7, please bear in mind i know next to nothing about Audi hence joining up here, but am good with cars/spannering etc.

Anyway only got one fob/key with the car (private sale) guy was just using the fob in the front door, no light on fob said was just battery, so got home last night and bought the cr2032 if i remember correct from asda, there was no battery in the fob! so fitted it pressed button and the wee red light now comes on yay lol.  So went out to car tried buttons and nothing works, obviously needs synced to car so went online and found some instructions and have tried about 20 times and nothing

Got the master key with it the small plastic one and one proper key that opens doors and starts car, so this is what i tried so far.

1. opened car with key turn,

put key in ignition and turn to on only while holding the open button down, turn back off and remove key then let go of button and nothing.

second method was you need 2 keys apparently so opened car with key turn, then use master key to turn on ignition, then bring window down encase something goes wrong lol, then go out side, and put key in lock and open door with turn while pressing and holding the unlock button, then lock with key and press lock button after i think 10 seconds then remopve master key from ignition, then try buttons on fob.

Thats maybe not exactly how it went as i had it all written down from the internet but cant find the bit paper now seem to have lost it, however nothing works anyway and getting really annoyed and want it working as i dont know how to use the key in the door right and having issues opening all the doors,

when i put key in drivers lock and turn to open, only the drivers door opens and no others, then assumed must be the kind that you do it again to open all the others but doesint seem to work right, takes me about a minute or two !Removed! about with it back and fourth and the alarm going off occasionally before i can somehow get them all to open lol, just want it sorted,

SO ALL AND ANY HELP MORE THAN APPRECIATED.

Grant

I'm sure you might have tried this one but here it is.  It does make you wonder why the battery was missing from the fob in the first place though?

*********************************************************************************************

1# you take one key put into ignition turn on.

2# close door, lock it with the key hole on driver side,with the key you want to program.

3#once it's lock take the key of the door out press the open button once or 2 or 3 or 4 times depending on which key is being reprogrammed(for the seats memory)you will see your side blink every time you press ,wait 6 secs press again once.take the other key in ignition out.

close the door and try locking with the reprogrammed key.

if you lost the program on other key it's just you didn't select the right memory,so set the right number for the right key 
Ex:my wife is 1# in memory seat,mine is 2#.
so i had to press twice in 3# step.

OR......

There's two ways of doing this depending actual build date - so I will give you them both .... try the first one first ( in order I mean !) ..

First - press the LOCK or UNLOCK button 
MANUALLY lock and UNLOCK the drivers door within 30 seconds...

The system should then work - after one minute... so leave it one full minute before trying...

If it doesn't work - just try it again...

The second / different procedure is below .............

If the car is locked -- MANUALLY unlock the drivers door...
Press the key UNLOCK button ONCE...

Switch the Ignition On and OFF

Remove the key from the switch... THEN press the key LOCK or UNLOCK button ONCE ...

The system should now work properly....

IF it doesn't - it will need re programming using diagnostic equipment as mentioned before - but try those first.... if its just lost its synch due to low batteries etc - that will do it for you ...