auto gears

dave b

hi all just joined. i have a 57 a4 sline 2.0 & a problem has occured with gear selector. little fella dropped a penny in the gear shift,i took off centre cowl & lifted pcb out to retrieve coin all sorted but now back together the display on dash is red,tiptronics dont work & it seems to be in limp mode (hope this makes sense). does it need some sort of calibration now the pcb was disconnected?

• Like 1

Hi Dave...welcome to the Forum!

that's an unfortunate situation...made worse by the lamp coming on.

You could try cycling the gears through the range e.g. going from low to high gear and back a few times with the ignition on as maybe it needs to relearn the gear selection positions?

Anyone else experienced this before????

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor - Admin

hi si no i didnt disconnect battery,i had someone look at it,there was a code its now clear,gearbox working fine now but still displaying red on dash,obviously tiptronic side not working unless i move gear shift + to - a couple of times then it goes back to original state (black) on dash but it doesnt stay like that for long! any ideas?