new with questions

timwaan

Hi to all. Picking up 2000 a4 1.8 t sport tomorrow. Never been an Audi owner and excited.  Few questions to ask. I bought some petronas 3000 av10w40 fully synthetic. Is this ok ? Also needed a maf sender and sourced one second hand. Hopefully will work. I noticed the dead pixels on info screen. How much is this to fix. It's the sort of thing that will bug me. Also need radio code. I'm about to ring Audi garage see if I can get any joy. Thanks in advance anyway and I'm sure I'll have many more questions. 

21 hours ago, timwaan said:

Hi to all. Picking up 2000 a4 1.8 t sport tomorrow. Never been an Audi owner and excited.  Few questions to ask. I bought some petronas 3000 av10w40 fully synthetic. Is this ok ? Also needed a maf sender and sourced one second hand. Hopefully will work. I noticed the dead pixels on info screen. How much is this to fix. It's the sort of thing that will bug me. Also need radio code. I'm about to ring Audi garage see if I can get any joy. Thanks in advance anyway and I'm sure I'll have many more questions. 

Nearly 24 hours and not even one reply welcoming me to this community. Can I even call it a community ?? I think I'm going to take my intrigue to a forum where people actually reply. :/

Hi Tim...sorry for any delay in responses.

I rate Petronas as a quality oil, plenty of racing heritage to test their oil. The grade is fine and fully synthetic is excellent protection for your engine.

As long as the MAF has a warranty with it, should be fine. The best way to get a code is from the dealer as no cost involved...usually they ask for registration documents for proof of ownership.

Good luck with it all,   Cheers,   Trevor