Bluetooth music streaming

Doog1000r

Hi Doug...welcome to the Forum

Was hoping you would have had some replies by now.

I would also like to know the answer to this as well. Will pop this up as a featured post to see what responses we get

Cheers   Trevor

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a 2006 A6 Avant - it has bluetooth functionality (if your aerial is a shark fin then I believe generally you will have bluetooth). But this will only allow you to connect your phone to make calls, however, not play music.

With mine, I had a 6 CD changer in the glove box. I downloaded the updates for the MMI online, and updated the MMI system. I then replaced the cd changer with an AUDI AMI unit from eBay, (part no. 4E0 035 785 B). This literally took 5 minutes. Once this is done you can select Audi Multimedia Interface when you press the 'Media' or 'CD/TV' button.

I then bought a Tune2Air 2000 bluetooth device from eBay. With an Audi AMI ipod cable, this plugs directly into the AMI unit. You then connect to this receiver via bluetooth, and it streams the music from your phone/ipod/whatever (iTunes, Spotify etc) through the stereo. Tracklisting will appear on the MMI screen for most devices, and tracks can be skipped with the < and > buttons.

All works perfectly, probably cost me about £500 to buy the bits I needed.

I essentially followed this guide...https://a6retrofit.com/ami-retrofit-audi-music-interface/  you will see you can keep the CD changer installed if you wanted to, but I can put any CDs I want onto an iPod, and together with Spotify on my phone I didn't really see the need for it anymore. 

I can therefore simultaneously have my Samsung phone connected to the car to make calls, and the Tune2Air to stream music through the stereo. They work together nicely, with phone calls interrupting the playback etc as it should.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 12/09/2016 at 0:53 PM, AndyH83 said:

I downloaded the updates for the MMI online

Hi i have a 57 plate A6 and was wondering if you had a link to where i could D/L an update for the MMI if my car needs it

Will this disk set do the job 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A6-A8-Q7-MMI-UPDATE-FULL-set-5CDs-SW-5570-MMI-HIGH-2G-NEWEST-2016-/152256995266?hash=item2373395fc2

my current software version is sw.c6-hu 42.2.0 0709 

• Like 1

Brought the 3 disk update and was a pretty straight forward update, not sure what updated to be honest but now running the latest software version so got to be good :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Try tune2air from viseeousa. Works great for BT streaming. It plays music wireless without any problem. I have one it's the WMA3000A plugged to my AMI port. You just have to keep at least one song in your iPod/iPhone's/android music library when you connect your phone to the device in order for other apps to play.

• 2 years later...

Hey, men. As for me, the driving without the music is like fuc*ing without cums*ot at the end, you know, there is no pleasure. Frankly speaking, I don't see need to buy permission for listening music, so I just listen my youtube's playlist, that I have downloaded to my phone using free youtube downloader, so there is possibility to enjoy the music offline. It's amazing, as for me)

• 2 months later...

Having the same problem with my 2008 3.2 quattro ,can get the phone to work incoming ?outgoing calls but cannot play music from my phone through the system..... solution was to buy an FM Bluetooth receiver plugged into cigarette lighter paired it with my phone and all good cost about £18.00 on eBay. But I would still like to know if I can upgrade the MMI to do this 

• 10 months later...