New Owner Sat Nav & Voice Control Advice

mattypj

Hi All

I hope I'm posting in the correct area? I'm sorry if I haven't :(

I have recently got an Audi A4 S Line TFSI and would like a little advice and help with the following if possible please

I have the Audi MMI 3G Sat nav system and have been through the various settings I can see where you can turn on or avoid the options for Motorways Tolls and Ferry crossings and I have selected them all with the tick enabled, should this then prompt me when my planned route will use one of these types? or do I need to set it to avoid for it to warn me ?

The reason for my question was yesterday I used the Dartford Crossing and the sat nav didn't prompt or advise me it was using a route with a toll charge could it be my settings are incorrect or that the DVD disc I have is only 2012 ?

My second question is regarding the voice activation system is it possible to use it to change the radio stations ? as I know you can use your phone book and it can also be used for the sat nav.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi Matt....welcome to the Forum

Usually, if you select to avoid Tolls or Ferries it should respond accordingly, unless possibly your route is set to the quickest route and in which case I'm sure it should warn you of impending Tolls, etc.

I'm sorry I can't be of any specific help here but this would be the stage where I would have to admit defeat and read the handbook.

Hope you get it sorted and let us know the outcome

Cheers   Trevor