Problems putting power down when accelerating

Ralphy87

Hi all this is my first post so bare with me if i sound like im being a noob, 

Im having issues when accelerating,when i put my foot doen on the accelerator in any gear when the engine goes up the revs at about 2500 rpm its as if someone is pushing the clutch in i have no power and if i keep my foot on the accelrator the revs go away up but the car doesnt go any faster,if i take my foot off the accelarator and go back under 2500 rpm i have power again,

I went to see a mechanic yesterday and took him out in the car too show him and the car didnt do it suprise suprise and its never done it since,he checked the clutch says the clutch is fine the clutch doesnt slip and is at this moment in time the car is driving fine,before he got in the car he had a listen to the engine and noticed there was a small hose that wasnt connected to the airbox so he connected that and since then the cars drove fine could that have been the cause off the problem??small fix thats helped a massive problem if it is!!!  

I also have a juddering coming from the front off the car but only at 60mph - 70mph its feels similar to unbalanced but the steering wheel doesnt move at all you can only feel it through the steering wheels and pedals

Thanks in advance for any input orcomments 

Hi Wayne...welcome to the Forum

Sounds like the hose could have been the fault then...other suggestions would be the turbo vanes sticking with carbon...just need to run a cleaner through it and drive it hard to clear it out.

The vibration appearing at between 60-70 mph is more than likely a wheel imbalance (which may not be felt through the electric power steering) and won't cost much to sort.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor

Thanks alot for the advice the more i thought about it being unbalanced wheels the more it made sense i also asked ny fad who owns a tyre franchise he said the same so going to get new tyres for winter and get my wheels balanced,im booked in next week to get tera clean done to my car as well so hopefuly it should be running a bit better ill let you know how i get on

• Like 1