Fault codes & EPC light

jessophead

Hi there, thank you for looking at my post, any thoughts, suggestions and help would be really helpful plus appreciated.

Was driving home from town yesterday when I felt power loss and then EPC light on. The car recovered quickly but did the same thing again and again. I managed to get the car home but had to keep revs low and take it very slowly. I started the car this morning no problems and light was off. went through the revs and no issues. My take is that the problem starts once the engine is warm.

More or less the same thing happened to me a few months back. That happened on the motorway which was much more serious (i needed recovering home). The cause was a faulty cam shaft sensor. That was replaced with A proper Audi part. have done several thousand miles since that fix.

Called AA out to have a look. Have included the report in this post. He thought it might be a slipped/slipping timing belt? im not sure and wondering whether its the sensor again? perhaps its a faulty part?

Any thoughts on this?  Not sure what to do next. Money is very tight (this couldn't of happened at A worse time to be honest). Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 2FH / Motronic ME 7 Status :P1672 - Radiator fan actuation 1. Error Message : open circuit/earth short. error sporadic. Status :P1340 - Crankshaft/camshaft position sensor. Error Message : incorrect assignment. error sporadic. Status :P1032 - NOx sensor. Error Message : Signal too large. error static. Status :P1020 - Fuel pressure regulation. Error Message : above control limit. error sporadic. Advise reqs gge attention as could be an issue with timing belt

Radiator fan isnt a big issue so not worried about that at the moment.

The Nox sensor & fuel pressure regulation im guessing because of the cran/cam sensor?

Hi Guy...welcome to the Forum

Sounds like it could be Crank Sensor as these tend to fail when the engine gets hot.

As you say, the other issues could be related to the Crank Sensor.

I would also check the cambelt as a precaution because if that is slightly loose it can out the crank and cam sensors out of phase which could also lead to that fault.

let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor

HI Trevor, thanks for your reply. It is appreciated.

MOT is due too so probably best to run it through that first and see how it is fairing as regards needed repairs etc.

Wouldn't a slipped/slipping timing belt be a continuous issue rather than only occurring after 20 mins or so of driving?

ill keep the forums updated in case it is useful for anyone else.

thanks again.

If a cambelt is slightly loose it won't necessarily slip a tooth but it can be enough to put the two sensor out of phase....haven't seen this fault since the Vauxhall Cavalier but the principle is the same so it's worth checking to be on the safe side.