A5 2.0 tfsi dip stick required

Kam

Hello,

I am new to the site and have looked everywhere for a A5 dip stick, or a part number.

Basically, when I brought my car in October, I had a play around with all the buttons, as you do.  Checked the oil level on the MMI and it came up to show above minimum.  so I thought I would add some oil (5w30).  Ran the engine, let it settle and the oil level showed, below maximum.  Checked it periodically and all ok.  however about a week ago, when I went to check the oil message read "reduce oil level" or something.  How can this be and now I am totally uncomfortable with the MMI reading.

So as mentioned, I want to go back to the old fashioned way and use a dip stick.  Or is it a MMI software issue?

Any help much appreciated.  apologies if this has already been posted.

Thanks

Kam

As long as the oil level is correct .... you could drain and refill the engine with the correct quantity next time it needs an oil change (e.g. how much came out and measure the required quantity to go in the engine) then you'll now exactly that the oil level is correct.

Update.

Went to the local mechanic and he extracted 2 litres of oil through the oil tube.  Oil level now around 2/3rds full. :) . 

Charged me a £5.  Audi wanted me to book it in and charge £120 for an inspection.

I don't think the oil level was that much above max, but didn't want to take the risk.

Don't trust the electronic sensor, so just purchased a generic tool for the 2.0 TFSi engine; laser tools 4807 for £15.  So will keep that in the garage for future use.

Thanks for the help.