Water issues

Mattf1000

HELP!!! I have just bought an 05 plate A6 tdi 130. I had an issue with the hazards and indicators staying on. I discovered  the scuttle panel issue that was full of water which I have cured. And the ccu that was full of water and corroded. I have cleaned and dryed out. Indicators now working hurrah. Now the esp and brake warning and a glow plug flashing light on the dashboard have appeared. I have had the code read and it says implausible  break switch and no brake lights. Will changing the switch cure it. Or will it need the fault code clearing. Or is it something to do with the ccu still 

Hi...and welcome to the Forum

It is common for brake light switches to fail on Audi's and VW's.

I believe you may have two different switches on the pedal, one for the brake lights and one to throw a signal to the ECU to show the brakes have been applied.

For what they cost, maybe replace both?

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers  Trevor

I've sorted the brake light issue. And all the electrics seem to be working apart from the key fob. It's still pouring water into the passenger  footwell. It's getting very frustrating as I can't see where it's coming in. I've removed  the drain grommets  in the scuttle