Rejected two Jags... now hoping to love my Audi!

Jonty1625

It's been a long and winding road but have rejected a Jag XE 2.0 R-Sport (nearly killed me at 50+mph) and just rejecting a Jaguar F-Pace 3.0S down to over 40 tech faults with the infotainment system. Wasn't convinced by another SUV as the Jag is by far the best looking out there so have opted for an ex-demo A6 3.0 272hp Black Edition and banking nearly £30k for the moment. If Audi sells the marque to me I could be convinved on something with an S or RS badge on it maybe next year...

Probably going to remap the A6 and would be super keen to hear recommendations on this as there are about a trillion (at last count) people offering the service....

Hi Jon....welcome to the Forum

Not sure what happened with the Jag XE but if you want to elaborate with the story, I'd love to hear it.

I think you'll enjoy the A6, decent car and especially one with the RS badge!

I've just ordered a DTUK tuning box for my Honda CRV 2.2cdti so will be writing a report shortly on the benefits, etc of it along with an article on the pro's and con's of electronic tuning...so watch this space.

Cheers   Trevor

Hi Trevor, so basically I had an early chassis number as I pre-ordered at a launch event, got the car after a henious time with a poor salesman and had nothing but faults with their in-control system (slow to respond, crashing, ipod not seen, sat nav dreadful, bluetooth issues, etc, etc)... that wsa bad enough and had 6 visits to the dealer in 4 months. The kicker was when I was driving home at about 50-60mph on an A road and all of a sudden the electrics started flickering (it was at night so lights were giving it disco party time as well!), central locking started rattling on and off, and the engine started revving wildly up and down and then the car died, lost power, steering, brakes, electrics, lights and everything. Fortunately the road was quiet so I forced the car to the side of the road and tried to mop up the mess I had made in my trousers from a near death experience! (JK! On the first bit!) I restarted the car and all fine for a few hundred meters and got similar issues, limped home (0.5 miles or so) and on my drive I couldn't get the car to turn off at all, tried everything and was seeminlgy going to wait until 3/4 tank of diesel burned off or start pulling leads on the engine. Eventually got it to stop by sheer persistance and went to sleep, slightly greyer than the day before! In the morning I called out Jaguar Assist and they came and checked the ECU etc and all looked fine. He opened the boot and found 2" water submersing the electrics and basically shorting the car out.... fast forward 2 weeks in the dealer and they couldn't where the water (totally clear - not dirty water) was coming in so I refused to drive the car on the grounds of I didn't fancy dying at the hand of JLR!

Wow!  that's extremely worrying...glad I haven't experienced anything like that before, what an absolute nightmare trying to drive a possessed car in the dark, although probably bad enough in the daytime I would imagine.

Don't blame you throwing the car back at them....unless of course you are being paid by them for being a human guinee-pig!

Enjoy the Audi and hopefully, you don't experience any of the reliability issues that you experienced on the Jag.