A5 2.7 auto revs high before pulling away

Andymarshall

Hi Andy....welcome to the Forum

It sounds like the engine management system needs programming in (throttle potentiometer, idle control, etc) as it almost sounds like a default setting like when you disconnect the battery and it has to relearn...only an idea but worth running a scan on it to see if there are any fault codes in the ECU memory.

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1

Hi tevor , i had the car plugged into a snap on computer and also a cheap RAC fault code  reader  to check for faults but it is still  showing no faults. Someone suggested oil change on the gearbox, would this sound right ?

Sorry, just read your post again....I assumed the revs just went high before pulling away but if you mean that you have to raise the revs to pull away then quite possibly the transmission fluid level could be low. If this is the case, then where is the leak, but it could always benefit from a fluid and filter change to improve things.

• 1 month later...
On 24/12/2016 at 4:22 PM, Andymarshall said:

Yeah , i didnt explain it very well . I think i will get the transmission fluid changed and filter and see what the reaults are . There doesnt appear to be any leaks from what i can see though . 

Hi, i have had filters and oil changed on s tronic box and this has made no difference . I have not noticed more a judder when first pulling away as if its not engaging into first . And also when putting my foot down it judders before pulling away . Anyone help 😨