A Little help please if you can

AudiDaz

Hi Guys thank you for having me :)

Have a bit of a problem on a 2003 A4 1.8T cabriolet i was wandering if you guys can help me,

Problem started 3 months ago with the key fob not unlocking doors so did the usual thing of getting a new battery and tried to reprogram the fob ..with no joy 

the alarm would go off at random as well so i thought okay maybe the battery has a cell problem and promptly changed that too, all was well for 2 days then i woke up one morning to flashing indicators :( .. anyways i though it was just a random thing as it didn't happen all the time .. so i am in the garage giving it a clean and tried to drop the roof i had a flashing amber light on the dash with a pic of the roof.. today the window on the drivers side dropped down 3" on its own (Powered down not a regulator problem) .. so i tried to roll it back up and guess what none of the windows work and when i open the drivers door the passenger side shows on the dashboard.. parking sensors stopped working .. also i have no cabin lights also boot latch wont work either have to use key to open it i would really would like to know where to even start a little guidance would be appreciated

Thank you in advance  

Daz 

Hi Daz...welcome to the Forum

It sounds like a power distribution fault.

I would be tempted to close the roof fully and then disconnect the battery and when reconnecting, ensure that you code the remote plip to the car to reset the alarm system.

See if that cures the electrical system gremlins...let us know what you find.

Cheers  Trevor