Heated Door Mirrors (Now Resolved)

LOTUSSEVEN

Hi all,

With the cold snap of weather we are getting this week in the UK, I thought I'd upgrade my mirrors, can somebody please confirm that it's

just a job of replacing the actual mirrors with  heated mirrors ? I understand that the wiring is installed as standard, and via switching on the rear window demister it would then start to heat up the door mirrors, is this the case?

I've got a 2009 A4 3.0 tdi convertible

Any heated mirror part numbers would be gratefully received....Thx

I've attached an image of my drivers side mirror,  I spoke to my local Audi Dealer this morning, he confirmed because my car is a 2010 59 plate, that the car is a B8 Model, Could anyone confirm, via looking at the picture if it's a B8 or B7 Mirror ?

I just want to be 100% Sure of getting the right mirror replacements Thanks

drivers side.jpg

Resolved the issue via, Purchasing 2 new Mirrors from www.micksgarage.com  for a grand total of £34.18 including postage ;-)

Part numbers 5442884 = Right hand side, 5447107 = Left hand Side.

I purchased two new heated mirrors, which fit just perfectly, and of course simply plugged the two wire into the terminals on the back of the mirrors.

I honestly can't understand as to why Audi would goto the trouble of installing the wiring for heated mirrors, without actually then fitting the heated mirrors, but anyway issue now resolved, and of course they are heated up via turning on the rear window heater.

First picture is of the old standard mirror, note the blank terminals.!

Old Mirror.jpg

Picture below is of the new £15 each mirrors, note the heater terminals.

New Mirror.jpg