Audio replacement

Digs1972

Morning, my A3 have the Audi Chorus audio unit and I'm thinking of replacing it.  I think the sound is very good but its functionality lets it down, FM only and music is only via the AUX connection which means no / difficulty changing music whilst driving (me anyway) and no sat nav.

seen the original Audi sat nav units on eBay which is an option or the after market models , anyone done this before ? Is it easy to do? I like the idea of Apple car play but it's not essential , DAB, iTunes library control and sat nav is my preference.

cheers in advance 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another option I found when I was considering such a change. In the end I was too lazy to do anything.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-RNSE-PU-S3-RS3-car-gps-sat-nav-dvd-head-unit-usb-3G-DVR-DVB-T-IN-7047-GB-/251656541025?hash=item3a97e61361:g:J3UAAOSwQTVV~-Er

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The unit Cliff posted looks good, has anyone done this? My unit is a standard  BOSE cd player front feed, not sure how it would fit such a larger item in such a small area...ba dum tish.

I like the Pioneer DA-120. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/apple-carplay-review

It has all the features that I need. Google maps becomes Sat Nav.  Siri request button.  The only problem I find is the voice recognition has trouble recognising certain phonebook entries when requesting numbers to call.

• Like 2