Audi Q7 Remap - West Midlands

MrSweet1991

Hi All, 

I have a 2006 Audi Q7 having the turbo reconditioned at the moment but I am planning to get it remapped. Does anyone know any reputable places in the West Midlands for a custom map? 

And also, if anyone has theres already mapped could you give some insight as to how it is? 

Cheers.

Hi...and welcome to the Forum

You could look at Tuning Boxes that do virtually the same job as a remap.

http://www.audiownersclub.com/news/reviews/club-reviews/product-reviews/electronic-engine-tuning-guide/

Keep us updated on how you get on with remapping

Cheers   Trevor

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mikeyquattro said:

Hi. 

MRC tuning in Banbury is the place for remaps. Custom maps done on a rolling road, not just a generic map. They've looked after all of my audis since 2007! 

Thanks mikey, wouldnt mind an hours drive to get a good remap. Did you have a Q7 done by them? Just curious what it was like afterwards? 

I've not got a Q7 yet. I'm searching for a 4.2tdi at the moment. My current audi family is a B5 RS4 and an A3 cabriolet. Doug and his team have done a lot of work on the RS over the years.

Not asked for figures on a 3 litre, but the 4.2 should see between 390-420 bhp depending on which model engine it is. The later models make more bhp.

I did enquire about an A6 3ltr tdi remap and Doug said around 310ps and 700nm if that helps 

My Q7 a 2006 3.0 was remapped by the previous owner to around 280bhp. Don't really know if it was much quicker off the start as I have too much mechanical sympathy to properly nail it like that with it weighing as much as a planet. But flooring it when it was already going like pulling off from junctions or over taking is where I found it most impressive. Unfortunately the car was written off over Christmas outside a pub I'd left it at so our new Q7 is just standard but I'm not going to bother getting this one done as to be honest it's quick enough for the wife