Alarm & rear high brake unit

Hi all, I have just purchase a 2010 plate S5 coupe black it's great but I have a few niggles with it an wondering if anyone can advise聽me what to do or how to replace these presumably faulty items.

ok first up is the dash is saying rear break light out (the high one) it's LED I think and can see 3 individual bulbs out but rest work? Managed to take out what bugger though need replacement bulbs or just whole unit?

and second the alarm keeps going off usually in the night and going crazy as what to replace next have replaced main battery in boot today and small cell battery in the key fob. Checked both doors boot and bonnet all seem ok. 馃槺 Any advice welcome thanks for ad. 馃榾 Here's my beauty

IMG_0213.JPG

Hi Mel...welcome to the Forum

The car looks great! 聽Hopefully the small faults aren't detracting too much from the fun of driving it?

I would recommend getting the security system scanned to look for fault codes to give you a clue as to the cause of the false alarms.

Let us know how you get on with sorting the faults

Cheers 聽 Trevor

• Like 1

Hi Trevor聽

Thanks, no I still love the car ...how can you not there are amazing cars to own.聽

I have a vag code plug in which I used for my A3 3.2 DSG Sportback but I'd have to locate the plug in area in the S5 before I knew this would fit. Watch this space.

Dash light (rear centre break light has now gone) as got a replacement brake light unit from main dealer audi only 拢55 :) sorted!

Since putting in the new battery the ever so sensitive alarm has now calmed done and hasn't gone off since so fingers crossed its solved the issue.

• Like 1