Audi A3 (55) Remote central locking

TJGOrchard

Hi, I purchased my A3 second hand no more than a week ago, I received three keys with the car, all are meant to have the ability to lock unlock and open the boot remotely.

Unfortunately after testing them, although all the keys unlock the door manually and are able to start the car, only one of the keys is able to use the remote features. I have tried various reprogramming techniques but have been unable to fix the issue, does anyone know of anyway to go about fixing this? It would also seem that the key that works is in fact a replacement key that was received in 2013 and the two others were the keys the car originally came with.

Thanks in advance,

- Tom

Hello Tom,

Welcame to the forum.

I too have tried all the techniques I can find listed and none have worked for me. I might point out that I was trying to recode one of the two original remotes supplied new with the car, and of course have no doubt about its origin. 

I have resigned myself to having to get this recoded at a main dealer if I want it to lock and unlock remotely, but I haven't done so up till now. 

Incidentally, does anyone know of a good independent near to Cardiff? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Hi Tom....welcome to the Forum

I can only imagine that if they are all the original keys, then the ones that don't work may need batteries.

If they have been sat around for a long time and the only one that works is the one that was with the car when it is serviced means it got a new battery but the others didn't

Try replacing the batteries and then follow the instructions in the Technical Section for reprogramming key fobs

Cheers  Trevor

On 28/01/2017 at 1:23 PM, TJGOrchard said:

boot remotely.

Unfortunately after testing them, although all the keys unlock the door manually and are able to start the car, only one of the keys is able to use the remote features. I have tried various reprogramming techniques but have been unable to fix the issue, does anyone know of anyway to go about fixing this? It would also seem that the key that works is in fact a replacement key that was received in 2013 and the two others were the keys the car originally came with.

Thanks in advance,

- Tom

Hello Trevor and Magnet,

Thank you both very much for your replies I have replaced both batteries and tried various reprogramming techniques to no avial. My view is that a new key was ordered and the car was reprogrammed to the new key (the one I have that works) leaving the other remotes programmed to the way the car used to be. I would be interested in finding out whether there are different reprogramming methods, maybe one that allows you to reprogram the car to a certain key. Any other sugggestions? Thanks for all your help - Tom

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Find the fuse to remote locking remove and re insert or possibly re set I.e electric by disconnecting battery and then maybe it will do a reset.  I not done that on my audi but a vw I had a while ago

• Like 1