Second gear hesitation

Audirich

Hi, I have just purchased an a1 1.4tfsi s line black edition for my wife. 

It's a new car, when you change gear to second it hesitates for a second or so then picks up and goes. My dealer says it's turbo lagbut I'm not convinced.

Tia

Rich

Hello Rich,

Welcome to the forum from the homeland.

Hopefully someone wil be able to give you specific information on this, but I would ask two questions:- did the demonstrator behave the same under test? - and have you tried another example of the same engined model? 

I just wonder if this particular car has been subjected to the dreaded emissions adjustment, and perhaps the demonstrator hadn't been tinkered with. 

Option to resolve this in the mind would be to go to another Audi dealer and test drive their car (leaving yours conveniently out of sight!), but the bottom line is it does not appear to be driving as it should, and they need to sort for you.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2

Hi Gareth, unfortunately we didn't drive a demo as my wife had the a1 1.6 tdi and wanted a petrol version. 

I am going to the dealers tomorrow so I'm hoping they have 1 as a demo that I can try.

Hi Rich..welcome to the Forum

I absolutely agree with Gareth, and it doesn't sound right...not with modern day vehicles, any sort of lag would have been designed out of the drivetrain programming and should therefore allow the car to drive faultlessly. 

I would follow Gareths' suggestion of trying another one to compare them.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1