Parking!!!

Mustang

I know!!!! women are rubbish at parking lol but serious question here...  Does anyone else have a  problem parking straight in a parking bay in their A3??  Both my husband and myself really struggle.. The car looks square in the bay when your inside but is always slightly off when you get out!!  It's doing my head in!!!! 

Hi Sally 

Welcome to the forum :D

That's strange how long have you had the car? might just need getting used to the new size of the car? are your mirrors adjusted properly? is the wheel alignment fine? ect

Kind Regards

Bradley

Hi Bradley,  thanks for the reply, will are both used to driving all size vehicles from mini's to vw t5 ,  have had the car 10 months now and still having problems parking square!!!!  Think your suggestion of wheel alignment needs looking at.  

Many thanks 

Sally 

No Problem Sally :)

Looking at your car it's a 2016 plate so it shouldn't need wheel alignment but still have it checked out, have you or your husband gone over a pot hole at all? 

you can do a quick check by putting the steering wheel straight and have a look at where the wheels are pointing and how the tread wear is on the tyres.

Keep us updated on how it goes :)

Regards

Bradley

Hi Sally...welcome to the Forum

I know exactly what you mean.

I drove a Honda Civic (new shape) the other week and I couldn't park it square for love nor money.

Something to do with the shape of the car, distinguishable features to focus on such as corners of the wings, etc...I don't really know but I had a hell of a job with this particular car.  So its not just you.

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1

Hi Trevor, 

Thanks for that,  not just us then!!!!  Thinking it's because you can't see the front of the bonnet so no reference point for parking ...  Getting a bit ocd about it.... But at least I'm consistent!!!!  Lol

• Like 2