Need help with a few things 2006 3.0TDI Q7

delica8

Hi there, had a Q7 for several years and over time its developed a couple issues that I could do with some assistance in sorting. 

1. Rear boot lid window washer jets are blocked. Since trying to use them, the pressure has built up and blown the feed pipe to the rear washers or burst the pipes so I need to know how to access the washer tank and see whats gone on, as loads of water pours out down right behind drivers side front wheel (RHD) when the rear jets are switched on.

2. I have a one left rear light out that was resolved a while ago with a new bulb, new bulb doesn't look to be blown but for whatever reason the bulb ceases to work, Ive tested the little harness and bulb works fine when out of the car so something is amiss elswhere, is the boot lid lighting wiring harness part of the main car harness or is it a sub harness and plugs in somewhere in the car, from the looks of it when I trace the wiring it looks to go into the head lining of the car :( I understand from researching the car uses a power supply control unit rather than fuses? 

3. On the centre console the buttons that allow you to select Radio / CD / Name and Tel do not light up, so selecting these at night time proves difficult, is there a fix or way to change these?

4. Boot lid sometime closes and then will pop open about 20 percent of the way and will take a few times of opening and closing to then get the door to close properly, what causes this and how can I sort this

Im capable of sorting everything out to an extent I just need some helpful info off you guys to lead me in the right direction.

Many Thanks, Jimmy

Hi Jimmy...welcome to the Forum

Problem 1. Sounds like the fault is in the jet or the hose leading to it.  Pointless blowing it through because that will not cure it. Best bet is to use fusewire to check the jet is clear / unblock it. From there, before reconnecting the hose to the reservoir I would blow through with compressed air (but not too high pressure) and see what comes out the jet. Reconnect the hose to the reservoir and see if that works. Reservoir should be accessible by removing the inner wheel arch liner.

Problem 2. Could it be something as simple as the wiring going into the boot lid broken or frayed where it goes through the rubber gaiter? or look for a common earth as this could be affecting the lighting if you're getting a voltage but the bulb is not illuminating.

Problem 3. Sorry, not sure on this one....maybe someone knows the exact answer to this one???

Problem 4. Could be related to problem 2...possibly?

Sorry, there is nothing specific as to the exact solution but maybe helpful to pointing in the right direction.

Keep us updated to the outcome of each problem as always useful to others to know the solution

Cheers  Trevor

My mate had a problem with his tailgate that sounds similar to what yours is doing. His turned out to be a fault on the left hand rear indicator holder or wire that was causing resistance and making the left tailgate sensor behave funny so kept closing then opening about 12 inches. He can't really remember as it was Audi that sorted it for him and it was a while ago. 

So the light fault could be related. I am talking about an electric tailgate so hope you are too

• Like 1