Audi Recalls Vehicles Over Fire Hazard & Airbag Issues

Trevor

Audi is recalling nearly 600,000 vehicles, citing a fire hazard in one model year and an airbag issue in another.

The manufacturer is recalling 342,867 A5, A5 Cabriolet and Q5 SUV's from the model year 2013-2017 because they have turbocharged engines with a coolant pump that can cause a fire when clogged with debris.

The company is also recalling 234,054 2011-2017 Q5 SUV's because water from the sunroof drainage system can soak into the foam around side air bag inflators, potentially causing the inflator to explode.

Audi said it became aware of the overheating risk in 2015, and opened an investigation in 2016 which concluded in December.

The recalls will begin this month.

Further information about the recalls: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/06/01/takata-airbag-recall-new-cars-report/

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I am a brand new member to the forum. I recently bought an A5 1.8 TFSI with 26,000 miles on it! Since purchasing it 16 months ago I am hitting hard times with the car! I treat it very well, keep it clean always and drive it responsibly. I have only put 6000 miles on the car and I've had to replace the clutch and flywheel, not ideal but I took it on the chin. Now the car is in again less than a month later getting a coolant pump and thermostat changed which again is costing more money. Now that I've seen your post I just wonder where I would stand with the recall for the coolant pump? 

Any advice or help on this matter would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Curtis