A4 Avant 3.0TDi - 233hp OR 245hp?

a4b7scot

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if you can help me here.

I have an A4 Avant (B7) 3.0TDi SLine Quattro. It was registered in 2008, making it one of the last ones before the new shape B8 model. To the best of my knowledge (and the previous owner), these end of line vehicles are over engineered by Audi, and to my understanding produce slightly more horsepower than the standard B7's (245hp vs 233hp). As far as I can tell, no other 3.0TDi B7's had a 6 speed auto box other than these. 

I'm currently advertising it for sale and have had someone try to tell me that I'm full of it and I'm wrong because they ran "a check" of some description and this has sown the seed of doubt in my mind.

So, can anyone here shed any light on the subject? Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

I would probably not advertise the power output just in case it is disputed but state that it has the 6 speed autobox that only used to come with the 245bhp engine output and therefore they can make their own minds up without you inadvertently misleading them.